Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wow What a stash buster




All I can say about this process is WOW!!!. I've been cutting strips all day and already I'm running out of 6 yards worth of fabric that was less than desirable than when I bought it! I was looking at the booklet that gave the directions and I couldn't understand why my rug was not looking like the pics in the booklet till it dawned on me....it's not rug weaving , it's rug braiding. And now it's going really quickly and using lots and lots of fabric. I managed to get one backing of 30 blocks pieced today :) and still quite the pile remains. Tomorrow I'll put my borders on the bonus hsts from the pineapple blossom quilt and baste that to be quilted. Yippee!!! I've been piecing pinwheel blocks also today we'll see how many more need to be made of the dark blue ones. But it was a great sewing day and hopefully tomorrow will be better.

3 comments:

Greenmare said...

Cool! Keep showing updates on this fabulous rug!

The Calico Cat said...

Oh no, what happened to Charlie Brown?

Mel said...

OK, I need to know where to get the directions. I have the loom -- it has red fabric on it right now, but the weaving has not started (for about a year or so)and I would love a braided look instead of a woven look.