Thursday, November 29, 2007

More Braiding :)



So this is the pile of strings I had to braid with today. What I did was cut a couple of 2 1/2" strips- a 10 1/2" square or 2 and then the 2" strips for braiding. Anything left over was a cut of strings for the next string quilt.

I am so loving this braiding that even the orange fabric from the monster is in it already and I've learned to make a herringbone type pattern which I would love to try again in 2 colors- but I'm not buying fabric just to make rugs- nope not happening. But all those long pieces from backings that I've quilted that I saved so I wasn't wasting fabric etc is finally getting used. Hey I'm down one whole bin already *clap! clap! clap!*





Tomorrow morning I will be sewing down the binding for my secret santa gifty. I got the binding on it this evening. And look for another bin and see what is no longer "loved" BUt Carole- thank you so much for a great idea :)

5 comments:

Susie said...

Oh my goodness. I want to make one of these rugs!!! Can you please tell me where to get the directions? please please please

love your blog BTW

Jeanne said...

Your stash will be busted in no time at the rate you are using strips for this rug! It's looking great.

*karendianne. said...

Gosh you're on a roll. You go girl! Its fun to watch it grow.

julieQ said...

Beautiful!! Our quilt shop sells frames to do this.

JulieQ

Nancy said...

I would love to make one also. Where are the instructions?? Great job.

Nancy/Patchwork Penguin