Sunday, November 11, 2007

So how hard are these to make???

http://www.frommarti.com/dwr.html
I've always wanted to make a double wedding ring quilt. And a dear friend gave me a set of Marti Mitchell's templates to aid me in the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt I made last year. So of course now I've gotten a second wind and can't sleep :( So I'm following Sarah's advice and internet surfing for my next great idea for a quilt.

I've seen a great puzzle quilt I'd like to make- you know the kind that looks like a jigsaw puzzle. Then I've taken out larger pieces to cut some more 2 1/2" strips for another Quiltville quilt in the future. In doing so I noticed all my lights or whites or creams- no tans, no pale colors - it's either light or dark. Weird huh????
Well I have them in beautiful moda charms but that's about it.....


I ordered another silk batting in king size for the pineapple blossom quilt. If you've never used one I HIGHLY recommend you try it. I love the feel of the gmfg quilt as it does have silk batting. It was a dream to hand quilt through also.

Maybe I'll buy a wool one one day but for now, I'm loving the silk :)

But I guess I'll go surf some more - or find a book and try to read till I fall asleep- sometimes it works, and sometimes I"m up all night reading- one never knows....

3 comments:

Mel said...

double wedding ring is on my want to list. I am wanting to make one for Mom.

Meredith said...

Let me know if you do get the templates and please keep us all posted as to how making a double wedding quilt goes. I am interested to make one but I figure you can go first.

Faith said...

What a great idea about silk batting, I didnt know you could get that. I will certainly search the net for that when I get some pennies together.
I have always wanted to do a wedding ring quilt too. I will one day when I get some templates like you and get the other quilts done. Wedding ring pattern is so nice that never dates and always looks good at what ever colours you use and fantastic for using scraps. Will you be doing hand sewing on the pieces or doing it on the sewing machine? let me know i cant wait to see what you do.