Saturday, November 10, 2007

Getting tired of hsts

So I was looking through patterns bought in my file and came across this:
Sqiggy Quilt it was called and all these pinwheel type blocks make up the quilt. Blocks are 12 1/2" unfinished and take 8 hsts.





But what I have been trying to make hsts for is this, the depression block. It takes 16 (twice as many as above)....heaven help me.





So the laziness just kicked in because if I used 2 of each color way in the blocks I think I would be done making hsts and ready to piece. Worst case senerio is some quilts would have 3 of some of the colors. So quilters in blog land, what should I be doing next???? A: Making 4 more colorways for depression blocks? Or B: get right to the fun of piecing 210 blocks and getting a move on it???? HELP!!!!

And because I was bored, I drew this out in EQ and thought that maybe this would be a fun project in some colorway- not red as drawn as almost all my reds were used in simply squares and I'm not allowed to buy more :P





My next post will be my 100th lol. I'll have to think of a giveaway and post that next.....but maybe tomorrow or Monday- so watch this blog.

7 comments:

Leah Spencer said...

Hey, you've been in my stash! ;) Well, I do have the cream and blue fabrics you have. JoAnn's, I'm sure. :)

I did get tired of HSTs when I did my husband's depression quilt. And I pressed some of the pieces incorrectly and would have to deal with bad lumps/hard to sew spots. So it took me 10 months on and off to get it done. I should have ironed some seams open.

But actually, I'm not that sick of HSTs. :D

Jeanne said...

Sorry, I'd say make more HSTs for the depression block. The more fabrics the better, IMHO. Congratulations on your 100th post! I'm getting close, too.

Sweet P said...

I'm making a depression quilt using a light brown background and nickels. I have the quilt about half done. I guess I should work on it a little bit.

Mel said...

I think you should follow your original plan and do it the right way. LOL

Faith said...

not allowed to buy more? nah that never happens to a quilter we can always fix this problem by making great excuses to buy MORE yummy fabrics.

I love the designs what you have been doing on the computer I do love the colours and the ideas there I would try them and have fun fun fun.

Unknown said...

I did a depression quilt earlier this year, and I didn't think I was ever come to the end of the HST blocks. But it was so worth it. If it were me I'd be making more colour combo's otherwise you may regret it later. JMHO

Sarah Nopp said...

hmmm... tough call. Maybe you should join me in playing on the computer and just 'thinking' about quilting this weekend. I have fresh coffee... LOL
I have about 75 to 100 Siggy blocks to make... bleh... Coffee and surfing sounds good today.
Thanks for your post about my funny little pug doglet.