Thursday, November 15, 2007

Kate !!! Are you ready?????




So my guild buddy, Kate and I are getting ready after the holidays to make Bonnie from Quiltville's latest pattern, Out on A String . I've received my ruler and started cutting my points for the stars. See all those strings??? Thats what's leftover from the retreat last fall(GASP!!!) I'm half done with cutting star points. I'm changing the red corners to black and I "think" I'll use blue and something else for block borders. :)







But lookie, lookie, at the what the nice mail lady brought today! :) Perfect for a dreary,rainy day in NJ. Hubby has to work late and both kiddies are going on a field trip to the Chealsie Museums with school. So I've been alone with Cyd and Moose all day and will be till tonight. Does it get any better??? I think not!!!



So when I started with the black,red,white quilt from the Cyber Quilters quilt that Marge from Delaware quilts designed I had decided to give it to my son. Well DD got her tail feathers in a ruffle over that. Kids *rolling eyes*. So last night when I decided I was using black corners on Bonnie's pattern I also saw this Star Struck design. I think it will be perfect for DD- so now I need to work on more leader/enders to get strips made for this. And the way I'm cutting, from each strip I get a cute little 4 patch piece :). Bonus!!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm ready!!!! I can't wait to begin the Out on a String Quilt - and I don't even need fabric - what a concept :)

Kate

Helen in the UK said...

Look forward to seeing your new string quilt emerge from the bin of strings!!
I have that quilting book too and it is fab - enjoy :)