Monday, December 31, 2007

It's the Great Pumpkin

It all started with orange polka dot fabric in the squares. I thought I was ordering black with dots for the back of the scrap monster that Mel quilted for me. But clicked the wrong buttton. Orange is probably my least favorite color in the world except in small doses in fall themed quilts. But it's my sister's favorite. ;)
When I started cutting all those 10 1/2" squares for backings, it was one of the first to go. Sis saw them and asked for a couch quilt. I said no I already made you a quilt this decade ( I know I'm a bratty big sister) but then I started playing with those addicting 2 1/2" squares and decided to alternate with all the orange I could find in my stash. More than I thought so.....I made her the quilt afterall. She doesn't know shhhhhh- it's a secret. It's Moose approved and in the washer- I'll get it to her house today before she gets home :p as a surprise.

So that will be my last finish for the year and I need to send the quilting mojo back to Leah as she said I stole it while she was sick :p ( I only borrowed it from her so it didn't get bored)





A fun label for the back.




Hubby has a fondness for chocolate covered blueberries- while quite yummy, I prefer raspberries myself :) Look what I got in the mail-I especially loved the card and have it by my desk.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog long enough to know that you have a very considerate hubby. Chocolates (especially Godiva) will always be loved by a woman.