Friday, December 14, 2007

We have a flimsy :)



I finally finished the last of the 30's pineapple blossoms last night.
I pieced the top together this morning. It will be the second one coming to the frame after the one I have on now. But of course it's for me so I'll wait. The one on the frame is a CHristmas present for the little girl next door. Then I'm piecing another one and putting blocks together for another top. That will be next.. Not a Christmas present but I want to finish it asap. With any luck I'll have 3 done by New Years .

The quilt top I'm piecing is very simular to what Leah made on
Dec 1st. Only I'm using up more of those 2 1/2" squares. Like 24 blocks of 25 squares alternating them with 10 1/2" squares of ORANGE *gasp* my least favorite color in the world. But it's for my sister and ORANGE is her fav color and I found a few yards of it so - I decided to get it out of here. DD in her infinate wisdom said that I should have used that design for the Girl Scout quilts using the girl's fav color as the alternating blocks as all those little squares are so cool to look at *sigh*. Now she tells me after I have 150 of 300 blocks made of pinwheels.What to do, what to do....That will wait till after the holidays. As my main goal is to get these quilts finished and then decide on what I should do . Plus I still have to make 80 more 9 patch blocks for Bonnie's mystery next week.
Going to be a busy weekend. Cyd has a vet appointment in the morning. Hubby's being installed as the Grand Master of the Masonic lodge tomorrow afternoon and there's a big party going on all afternoon starting at 2. Then the snow storm and if the weather cooperates, we'll have dd's family bday party Sunday night. If not I plan on sewing or at least quilting Sunday night. There's always Scrappy Mountains Magesties to finish hand quilting. Another 5 hours or so and then I can bind it :)

2 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a pretty quilt. Great job!!!

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on getting to flimsey stage. It is a really pretty quilt :)