Tuesday, December 04, 2007

New Hand quilting Project




So yesterday's post about the Grandma Cora Quilt- well lets just say I need to rip it apart and do the correct size. Or make a matching wall hanging to go with the quilt. The center shown is for the 30" wall hanging/baby quilt size :(

So for now it will stay as is...we shall see what to do later about it. For now I need something to handquilt so I came across this the other day and took 30 of my
10 1/2" squares I cut last week and pieced my backing and basted it this afternoon.

I'm almost done with one row across :) I have no idea what to do with it when I'm done. Too large for a wall hanging where I normally change out the wall hangings - no babies coming that I know of. I'm sure I can save it for someone's baby in the future. But for now I like the hand quilting and it's going to be another finish soon :)

2 comments:

Sue said...

Love your new hand quilting project, I exclusively hand quilt so love seeing what others are doing by hand. That's just beautiful, I look forward to seeing it finished!

*karendianne. said...

I'm a hand quilter as well and look forward to seeing this when it done.

Enjoy the process!!!