Monday, July 07, 2008

Oh My Goodness!

Ok not only did the Yankees win in the bottom of the 10th inning-
But Mel called right at the begining of the game to tell me not one but two of my quilts are finished and being mailed home. Aren't they wonderful??? And who would have thought that baptist fans would have been the easier of the quilting patterns? I remember when she quilted the scrap monster she was just getting to know the baptist fan template and then I challenged her with feathers for the big inner borders of the Grandma Cora- gotta get her outside that list making box she has herself in ( what are friends for??)
THANK YOU MEL!!!! I can't wait for them to come home so I can bind them. I think Cora is going to be a lovely quilt for my bed. And a birthday present for my sister in law's 40th bday done 5 months early is a bonus!
Any bloggers in New England have any ideas for us for vacation? We're going to Portland,ME for 2 days and Salem,MA for one but we're not sure what to do on Thursday between Salem and NJ. I'd go to Sturbridge but I doubt the teens would like that. A good museum w/o going into Beantown.....ah maybe Mystic ,CT on the way home....We HAVE to be home Thursday night as DD has something Friday even though we said not to plan something. But it's probably the last vacation she comes with us on so I'll let it slide.
Plugging along on the mystery I'm testing and I so love my color choices and the pattern is very nice. I'm half way done with the tulip quilt that was the spring mystery. THe love quilt needs borders and to be loaded and quilted tomorrow. Then maybe, just maybe, I'll drag out the rest of the Ocean Waves blocks and get back to work on the pineapple blossom in red/black and white. Then I have a special project that needs working on for an August bday for one of my special wise gal friends VBG

2 comments:

Joansie said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip to Maine, my home state! Ironic that the quilt you are working on is called "Ocean Waves" and the socks I am working on now (yet to be seen) is also called "Ocean Waves"

*karendianne. said...

Oh I forgot about those "Ocean Waves!" Yummy. I'm really excited you're getting two quilts home soon, too! Yeah.

Happy days!