Monday, July 02, 2007

At least it's something



Well I tried working on my ocean waves quilt this morning...wasn't in the mood. Also tried the love quilt I need to finish- nope, not that either :( .
But I grabbed the card tricks wall hanging, my hand quilting stuff, bottle of water, my ipod and I went OUTSIDE to work on my hand quilting.
I just love the backs of hand quilted pieces almost as much as I love the fronts. Sometimes more the backs. I would so love to be able to design a wholecloth and hand quilt it in this lifetime. I really need to work on my stitching and this seemed like a small enough project that won't stir up the dreaded carpal tunnel. And it's very soothing to just sew without worrying about anything.

3 comments:

swooze said...

Great job on finding something to work on. I agree about the backs. I love studying them after I have quilted something.

swooze said...

Great job on finding something to work on. I agree about the backs. I love studying them after I have quilted something.

Sarah Nopp said...

I agree, the back is quite lovely. There is something very soothing about monochroma :)