Monday, August 04, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Me :)

I got this in a package this morning. hmmmmmm I didn't order it. I looked at the packing slip and it was ordered by hubby for moi !
I called and asked why and he said it was for my anniversary and he was so happy it FINALLY arrived. It was "supposed" to come last week. Today my blogging friends is the 6th anniversary of the first time I was told I had cancer. And look! I'm still here to cause havoc in blogland *VBG* Normally today/tonight would be the day my bestest friend ( who I've know since we started kindergarten together 41 years ago) would get trashed on expensive champagne. Weird tradition but it's all ours and no one gets to join in except our kids who can have ONE glass with us ! But hubby is taking a bunch of people to the Mets game Wednesday night and we figure that we could have peace and quiet and eat whatever we want. I'm making these- they were wonderful the other night when I made the trial batch.


Not exactly what I wanted but close enough! Isn't it great? It's the backing for my Ocean Waves flimsy :) It's called a Fatt Back and you can order them reasoniblly here This is the second time I've order from this company and I've never been disappointed. I ordered it Sat morning and it came today. Ok they're in CT and I'm in NJ but still .



So I've been playing all day with my disappearing 9 patch blocks and realised I need to make more :( but it's going to be awesome when completed. I just know my niece is going to love, love, love it.

7 comments:

Joansie said...

Your hubby is always so thoughtful!!! What a nice gift!

Your niece will defintely love your quilt as I haven't seen one that I haven't really liked in the two years I've been reading your blog (it is two years, right?)..lol

Jeanne said...

Kim, I hope you have many, many more years to celebrate. The fabric is gorgeous and isn't your DH a thoughtful guy!

Nanette Merrill said...

Aw Kim, he's a sweety. Mucho congrats on your anniversary. What a way to celebrate your life. Something all of us need to be more grateful for all the time.

kathyinozarks said...

your hubby is always so thoughtful-mine is too-aren't we lucky?
love your fatback that will be just too perfect for your ocean waves-which is such an awesome quilt
congrats too on your anniversary, whenever I don't feel like making the long drive to springfield, mo for my mamagram I think of you-hugs and go do it

Sweet P said...

Happy Anniversary! What a lovely gift from your DH. How did the tomatoes turn out? I'm going to try some this weekend.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a nice way to celebrate!

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on your 6th anniversary. How great that you hubby remembered and got you a great surprise gift too :)