Friday, January 09, 2009

Floor Tile Quilts

Ok, I was trying to explain to a fellow guild member my next insane project. Last year when we were in Atlantic City with the Masons for their convention. We went to an Irish Pub one night really late ( like after 1AM-lol) and they had a great tile floor with this design in it. Of course I took a pic and redrew it in EQ. It will be a small wall hanging. I'm using 3/4" hexagons.



Last time I saw a great floor pattern we were in the Grand Lodge of Philley and I saw this:



and made this :


Now finally for some eye candy. Our guild is reproducing quilts from this book:
New Jersey Quilts, 1777 to 1950: Contributions to an American Tradition.
Isn't this one a great scrappy one?

1 comment:

Darlene said...

I love your floor tile idea. The first quilt you made was gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing what you design with the second. Very talented!!