Sunday, January 11, 2009

Another Flimsy

Yesterday morning I pieced the top together and there it hangs next to the sewing area. I'm going to bind it in red *VBS*.



I have the correct size batting to finish it. I need to hunt for some backing. My friend Katie gave me a ton of a multi colored fabric that I want to make a pineapple blossom quilt with for one of Robin's daughters. Possibly both the younger ones but I need more whites first. Both are not getting PB's one is and the rest of the fabric, I'll make a different design I have so much of it.

I realized yesterday that my bestest friend's bday is a few weeks away and I've had this Napa Valley fabric for a couple years and a dark purple,merlot colored marble too. So I decided to make her a feathered star wall hanging just like my icon. And to to add a bonus I found wine cork fabric too! I may just have to make one for myself-lol. While looking for these fabric I became completely over whelmed with the thought of moving all this fabric, books and patterns. Not to mention the 7 machines and frame. Then after guild I was talking to my friend, Barb, who said it took months-lots of months to get her sewing area just so after her move here *sob*

Maybe tonight or tomorrow I'll have a flimsy of the feathered star.

3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I am liking that flimsy. I have always like Black and white - very nice!

Barb said...

Take Heart Kim~
You'll probably move much faster than I did. I had a whole house to paint - every room was blue when we bought it -
xoxo
barb

Joansie said...

Kim, that is the prettiest Log Cabin I've ever seen. It's a WOW!! As for the pineapple quilt, OMG, I attempted that one and failed. Can't wait to see yours.