Friday, November 07, 2008

Pumpkin Mousse

This a totally delish recipe that I will be tripling for Thanksgiving. I get a newsletter weekly from Taste of Home magazine and this was in it last week. We did a trial run (it's a new recipe to us) last night. A keeper for sure.






SERVINGS: 4

CATEGORY: Low Fat

METHOD:

TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min.

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup fat-free whipped topping, divided
Directions:
In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Combine the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and allspice; fold into pudding. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping.
Transfer to individual serving dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.

It's been a crazy week here. Kids are out of school Thursday and Friday for teacher's convention. Funny I know alot of teachers and not one of them is going to the convention. :(

I haven't done any sewing or quilting for what seems like weeks here. I don't know if I should start packing things up and just finishing up what I have started.
I found out a couple days ago that hubby is most likely taking the job in Buffalo NY. It's a nice pay raise but.....DS is acting out knowing that he only gets this year to finish here and then we'll be moving after DD graduates in July. I've been applying but with the crash of Wall Street no one is hiring. And I would need a job to stay here after July.....
On a better note, I'm almost completely finished with my Christmas shopping. The kids are done, grandma's is on order. Just the parents are left......

1 comment:

Joansie said...

Sounds really yummy. I never would have thought of adding butterscotch.

Teachers never go to these conventions. I used to work for a school district. It should be mandatory.