Thursday, October 30, 2008

Why wait till New Years.....




Been an interesting few days/week here. DS went to the DRS earlier this month and came back with high bp ( borderline) high cholesterol,over weight ( most of us are) but with heart disease running in the family as well as diabetes - enough is enough. A few weeks ago I purged the cabinets of junky foods. Processed foods, those granola/cereal bars that have high frutose corn syrup as the second ingredient-juices. And started replacing it with better for you foods, raw veggies- brown rice vs white- same with pasta. Much complaining from the men- none from DD aka Veggie Girl.
I dragged them all the the YMCA and bought a 3 month trial period for the family. I highly doubt that hubby will ever go again- DS and I are going next week as soon as they get us a trainer to acclimate us to the machines etc. I wanted to take water aerobics but the chlorine smell is so overwhelming at the pool :(
This morning DS had an appointment with a Nutritionist. Almost 2 hours in a room with him and the dr. I wanted to shoot myself. But I don't have to go anymore except to pay the nice lady. Maybe now all the stuff I've been harping about for 3 years or so will mean something since someone else told it to him. And I get to pack him a lunch 3 days a week- lucky me :)
He was told to lose more than my ticker tracker and I'd love to see him succeed. I've already lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks and that's with quitting smoking *VBS* I hope I can continue to lose. Wonder what my prize will be this week???

3 comments:

Sweet P said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

Eileen said...

This is the cutest bathroom scale I have ever seen! Wish I could see all the names. :-)

Joansie said...

Reward yourself with more fabric for following through on a healthy lifestyle. Be sure to take "Now" pictures to compare with "Later" pictures when you've reached your goal.