Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Cooking Challenges

Ok I'm completely crazy now :) it's true...
I joined in on a canning challenge at Tigress's blogThis month's challenge is citrus....since all the marmalade went into the baskets and for gifts I'm trying to decide what kind to make.

Of course nothing is as good as lemon curd with goodies at tea time and Denise at Yes I Can has posted a recipe she found and tried. I HAVE TO make this.

Spaghetti sauce is cooling- chili is simmering as is the stock/rice and veggies for chicken soup. I'll take some out for lovely Veggie Girl aka DD. Chicken stock is as far as she'll go in the soup. Once hers is taken out I'll add the chicken and finish the soup.

Does anyone have a kitchenaide mixer that also has and uses the ice cream maker for it? My handsome son wants to learn to make ice cream this year. So I was thinking of getting the attachment. But I was also looking at this: Wish I had one today for ice cream to go with the pie....good thing DD, friend and I are hitting the gym tonight *WINK*

2 comments:

Sweet P said...

The Lemon Curd sounds yummy. We have a Cuisinart 1 1/2 quart ice cream maker. We love it.

Kiyi Kiyi said...

Can't wait to see what you make for the CanJam!