This blanket ( I didn't use batting in my windows) used 21 yards of 36" muslin and about 3 yards of assorted prints for the "windows". So using the below top and give away I used or gave away 29 yards of fabric!!! Wow !! Pretty cool. I feel so much better that the Cathedral Windows is finished and fruits and veggies are gone.
This baby is made with a weekend frenzy group. Though I got the cutting directions late, I improvised with about.coms directions, kinda. I pretty much read theirs and changed to what I wanted to do :P. I used 25 different fabrics for the jars, 20 of which were fqs that I'm mailing the rest of them to someone else to do the quilt. WOW!!! 5 yards gone!!!!
People have asked about my sewing case........
A few months back, I took a class with Linda Franz and Monkey on quilted diamonds. Linda had the greatest little "desk" for hand piecing on the go. Hubby especially liked the tip of using just 2 needles at a time. One to pin the end of the seam and one to sew. Most of the times I use that system.There have been alot less missing needles to be found walking around barefoot *S*
This is the case open. A nice lap desk per say. Notice the lovely quilted sewing kit I got from Paula for a Pay it Forward gift :)
Such a bad blogger
7 years ago