Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Scrappy Stars



While waiting on the phone for "the next available agent" (25 minutes later) I was looking through pics I've taken at quilt shows of scrappy quilts. I found a quilt made from this block and said I have a drawer half full of hsts- I can do that. Believe it or not being switched from agent to agent I managed to piece most of the rows. Then it was a matter of getting the sections together :)

I'm thinking 9 blocks ( they're 24" each) and some sashing would make a nice throw :)
Well at least I didn't waste all that time today.....

9 comments:

AverettLadyNana said...

Smart thinking!!! I'll have to try to remember it the next time I'm waiting for the "next available agent".

Leah Spencer said...

Sheesh! That's a long time to wait and be "hot potatoed" around. Clever thinking though, do you have 8 more "forever" phone calls to make? ;)

Cathi said...

Wow -- what a great way to use the time one is stuck on hold or being transferred!! Gorgeous block!

Anonymous said...

This is why I love "speaker phone". It doesn't seem as frustrating playing phone tag and/or being placed on hold when I have something fun to do while waiting.

kathyinozarks said...

You amaze me Kim, gorgeous block!

Joansie said...

Oh, I really like this one, Kim. Same pattern as the one you made me but different colors, right!!

Helen in the UK said...

What a FANTASTIC use of otherwise wasted time. Block looks great :)

Shanna said...

Wow! That is an amazing block to piece while attached to the phone! I am jealous :o) I will have to remember that the next time I am on hold

Sweet P said...

Love it! Although piecing while on the phone is not something I've tried before.

Pitchers and catchers report this weekend. Woohoo!