Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Some finishes

It's been almost a month since I posted last- such a bad blogger I know :( But I can honestly say it's because I've been busy actually sewing and quilting.

I didn't think I'd have so many quilts finished with hubby out of work still- scrimping and saving for backing fabrics and batting but much to my sheer amazement- the batting fairy visited me last week. I kid you not- a 40 yard roll of warm and natural was delivered to my house- no names on the paperwork except mine- THANK YOU BATTING FAIRY

My friend Maureen is starting chemo today. I made her a quilt to take with her. Poor thing broke her hip jumping down off the PET Scan table last week. If you could all keep her in your prayers. Finish #12

I had a request from a little friend for a quilt. Seems I made one for her brother when he was born but I didn't know the family when she was born. Tinkerbell fabric has been sitting here since I worked at Joann's many moons ago - but I can happily say it's all gone now :) Finish #11

and I finished both wall hangings- I hand quilted mine in baptist fans and machine quilted one for my aunt. She liked the design so much when I was making them. Things you do when we lost cabe/internet and landline phones during the last Noreaster.

finish 9 and 10
On a sad note- we had to put down DD's cat , Cyd Vicious down yesterday. She was 16 y/o and we had her for just over 11 of them. She developed a huge tumor that she would lick till it bleed and I didn't want her to be out somewhere and it burst and we'd never know what happened. The vet set she had tumors throughout her insides too. RIP my friend- we will miss you.


Candace said...

Love your quilts, and I'm sorry for your friends problems. She will be in my prayers. I'm also sorry about your beloved pet.
Somebody loves you, what a sweet thing to do.

Barb said...

congrats on all the finishes!
hard to see the new post - maybe you can change the exposure in your picture program - I do that all the time.