Thursday, September 04, 2008

Getting Ready for the Holidays

I don't know about you but I always feel the holidays sneak up on me and I'm left scrambling to finish "something" Christmas Eve. I hate that.
I need 2 quilts by Christmas and I have to rip one apart and redo the rows...grrrr and I need 2 small ones for 2 different Secret Santa Swaps. So ladies who have done them before via the blogs what exactly are we putting in them besides a handmade "something"?

Oh yeah anyway- Sew Mama Sew is doing sewing for the home this month with different things every day....Amanda Jeanis doing gift tutorials on her blog too. Maybe if we picked one or two things to do a week we may get a head start.

Yesterday I got a couple patterns from Vanilla House patterns.
2 Apron ones, one child, one adult, a pincushion one and hot mitt ones.
Tonight I'm finishing the gift for the guild's new members. A pincushion with our logo embroidered on the front and wool felt for the backing. As VP it's one of the sillier jobs that required ( but not told when you accept the position)I'll post a pick later.




I have 3 more to sew shut during the last of the nonsense speaches- maybe then we can get over both of these conventions and move onto important things LIKE BASEBALL!!! The post season will be here before you know it and yes Paula and Jeanne, even if the Yankees aren't in it I watch EVERY game American and National League. Cause these Yankees are toast!

No comments: